Mascot Engineering specialise in the design, manufacture and supply of products to meet the requirements of the Australian construction industry, including the following:
- A complete range of access cover solutions rated to Class G in accordance with AS3996, and designed for use in the following industry sectors:
- Education & Research
- Entertainment & Cultural
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Retail & Catering
- Sport & Leisure
- IT & Telecommunications
- A complete range of grating solutions for every application available in a range of materials, from stainless Steel and Galvanised Mild Steel to Ductile Cast Iron.
- Lightweight precast GRC pits, including cable and drainage pits engineered to withstand installations with load rating requirements up to Class G.
- Custom precast concrete pit solutions available in any size that can service every application in all environments.
- A complete range of plastic electrical, telecommunications and communication pits.
- Australia’s largest range of approved Industrial Trade Waste pre-treatment products as well as related accessories.
- A wide range of commercial Planter Box solutions manufactured from lightweight Mascot GRC.
- Various streetscape solutions including cast iron bollards and tree grates available in a range of sizes.
Mascot Engineering’s service capability includes:
- Expert advice on product selection.
- The provision of drawings and related information for use in specification.
- The development of individualised custom solutions, and purpose built product by a dedicated technical team of experts.
- Professional installation advice and instruction on all products across the range.
- Site inspections, both pre and post installation.
Occupational Health & Safety Policy
Mascot Engineering acknowledges that the provision of a safe and healthy work environment for employees, contractors and visitors is not just a moral and legal responsibility but also a prerequisite for it to achieve its primary mission of manufacturing and supplying quality products. Mascot Engineering has developed a Work Health & Safety policy with documented procedures and processes to ensure this commitment to protecting its human resources also extends to ensuring the Company’s operations do not place the local community at risk of injury or property damage. Our grating and access covers are manufactured in a facility accredited to OHSAS 18001.
Mascot Engineering hold all relevant insurance policies regarding public liability, cyber security, workers compensation and more.
As a third-generation business and one that has been manufacturing in Australia since 1920, our commitment to minimising environmental impacts is at the core of Mascot Engineering’s operational activities, right across the entire supply chain. Our grating and access covers are manufactured in a facility that is accredited to ISO14001:2015 as well as ISO9001. Mascot Engineering’s manufacturing facility in Smithfield NSW utilises solar energy and both product and water recycling is used in the manufacturing process. Our focus on sustainability doesn’t finish when the products leave our site either… Mascot Engineering’s unique GRC products have lower environmental impact (approx. 40% less*) than the equivalent steel reinforced product. This coupled with efficient transportation methods ensures our focus on sustainability for future generations is forefront of our ethos.
Sourcing the highest grade materials from across the globe, we take care in every step of the manufacturing process resulting in superior quality, Australian manufactured product we’re immensely proud of.
Mascot’s objective is to provide products and service of the highest quality that is consistent and uniform for the Australian building industry. Mascot maintains an effective Quality Management System.
Mascot’s Quality System documentation amplifies this Policy Statement and provides the procedures and reporting system which ensures all quality requirements are maintained and controlled.
Mascot Quality Statement is a firm commitment as to the safe operation of the Company and its implementation is fully supported by the Management and all employees.
Established in 1920, Mascot Engineering Group is wholly Australian-owned and the largest manufacturer of Glass Reinforced Concrete (GRC) in the Southern Hemisphere.
Originally an Iron Foundry, Mascot Engineering began working with GRC in the early 1980’s, one of the first in Australia and one of the most experienced manufacturers of the material in the world. However this evolution hasn’t meant we’ve lost sight of our beginnings and today we still manufacture cast and ductile iron access covers, grating for use in municipal projects.
With a nationwide network of distribution centres and logistics, Mascot Engineering can supply any project across Australia.